Odds of single ticket winning as of April 16, 2018 at 10:40 a.m. EST = 100%
(I’ll update the odds as tickets are purchased)
I have been editing a lot of short stories lately. While I love short stories, and will continue to edit them, I’m itching to edit a novel. It’s been too long!
HOW THE FLASH RAFFLE WORKS
When you buy a Flash Raffle ticket, you get two things: a chance to win the big prize, and the ability to have one piece of flash fiction, up to 1000 words, edited by me. You don’t have to submit a short story if you don’t want to; you could just hold out for the big one if you want.
On May 1, 2018, I will draw a name. That person will win free developmental editing for one novel of up to 100,000 words. That’s a value of up to $5000!
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
Here’s a few reasons:
1. I want to edit a novel again! It’s been a while and since I can’t seem to bring in a novel client through traditional methods, I’m willing to do one novel for free.
2. I see a lot of writers upset and lost because they can’t afford professional editing. It’s expensive! I thought this would be a great way for someone to get it done for free (or, at the very low cost of a raffle ticket).
3. I get to fill my editorial calendar for the months of April and May.
4. It’s a way for me to spread the word about my services. I hope that all the satisfied client who have flash fiction pieces edited will think of me when they have future work and tell all their writer friends about me.
It’s a WIN-WIN!
ARE YOU IN? HERE’S WHAT TO DO
STEP 1: Send your payment to email@example.com via PayPal or email money transfer. The price is $50 per ticket. There’s no bulk discount or taxes to add. You may buy a maximum of 5 tickets under your name and email address. Send one payment for all your tickets please.
STEP 2: Fill out the form below. Make sure the email address you enter below matches the one connected to the payment you sent to avoid confusion. NOTE: By entering your email address below, you agree to receive commercial email messages from me. You can unsubscribe at any time.
STEP 3: Wait for a confirmation email from me. If you have not received a confirmation email within 72 hours of submitting your name and email address above, please send a follow up email to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can look into it.
STEP 4: Email me your flash fiction of up to 500 words (if you’d like to have a flash fiction piece edited). Put Flash Raffle, the title of your story, and your name in the subject line of the email, and paste the text of your story into the body of the email. Do NOT send attachments. If you’ve purchased more than one ticket, submit each story in a separate email.
STEP 5: Wait for my email announcing the winner of the raffle on May 1, 2018.
A FEW ITEMS OF NOTE
- One ticket enters your name once. You may buy no more than five raffle tickets.
- No refunds will be provided unless I fail to complete the work (which I won’t, but it’s good to be clear about these things).
- The big prize is transferable. If you win the novel edit and have a friend you’d like to gift it to, you may do so, as long as only one novel of no more than 100,000 words is edited in the end.
- Only send a completed manuscript. Developmental editing is designed to look at the big picture of the whole story, not to look at an incomplete part of a larger story. This applies to both the novel and flash fiction pieces.
- For those who are part of the Facebook group Fiction Writing and are submitting flash fiction to me intended for AFOW, please know that I have no power within that group to help you get published, and I am not submitting anything myself for AFOW, so there is no potential conflict of interest.
- I will aim to edit all flash fiction sent to me during the month of April, however I don’t yet know what the demand will be. I reserve the right to stop accepting payments or selling tickets at any time to ensure the odds stay acceptable (and so that my sanity remains in tact).
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or connect with me on Facebook.
HURRY UP! FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.